The holidays is the BEST time for buying makeup. The limited edition colors and palettes with great deals make it a full on beauty buffet. Let’s get sparkly, pop the bubbly and bring on the New Year BEAUTY-Full style. Here are my product picks!
The “J-Lo” glow is a phrase we all know to well! How do we get this glow? Here’s a few of my makeup pro tips and favorite must-haves to achieve just that (some products as low as $10)! 1. Try … Continue reading →
Working as a buyer’s assistant I don’t get paid the big bucks. Being surrounded by designers, magazine editors appeared so glamorous. Truth is I have a lot of long days, nasty clients, and sometimes living out of my suitcase. Ironically … Continue reading →
April is Earth Month! We’ve all wondered if organic products are really what they’re cracked up to be?!? I don’t want to be an Eco- FOOL, so once again I’ve lent my face in the name of beauty research! Trying … Continue reading →
Who: Ana Knupp (Winner of our “BEAUTY-full Look” contest)! Where: Brazil Occupation: Studying to be an environmental Engineer Age: 19 Favorite beauty look: Smokey eyes and flawless skin Makeup trend she wants to see go away: Bronzer overload and pencil-thin … Continue reading →
Tarte is a fun, chic cosmetics line that has showed us for the past decade that glamour can also be good for you. Their products are free of parabens, phthalates, & synthetic fragrances (sounds like a health pamphlet) but, trust … Continue reading →
You’ve been partying ALL NIGHT, bringing in the “New Year” and you woke up looking like this?!? Here’s some beauty pro tips on how-to cure that “hangover” look. You might feel like s%#* but, now at least you don’t have to look like it!
1. Alcohol dries you out tremendously. Give yourself a quick 5 minute hydrating facial so your makeup goes on smooth. Try Philosophy’s Lasting Hope.
2. Wake up the system by sipping plain hot water or tea with lemon and honey. This will help flush out the liver and eliminate the feeling of bloating.
3. Use eye drops to relieve any redness then follow with a good concealer under your eye to further brighten that area. Try Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche éclat.
4. Instead of pasty powders that will draw attention to lines and wrinkles use a liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer for supple looking skin. Try Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer.
5. Blush is a must. You’ll need that pop of color to wake up your makeup and take away that corpse-y look. Try Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Blush in Flush.
6. Avoid bright-colored or glitter eyeshadow and opt for neutral shades like soft gold or brown. Also double up on mascara. You’ll need that to open up your eyes and make you look more alert. Try the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette.
7. Finish up with a lip gloss (rose and corals are great colors for everyone). Try Chantecaille’s Brilliant Lip Gloss in Love.