With Fashion Week coming to an end (New York, London, Paris & Milan). The latest trends have been revealed. Most of the time we see a look on the runway and it’s too over the top to actually wear. These beauty looks are chic, fresh and ready to walk the only catwalk that matters REAL LIFE!
Dry, flaky skin is never appealing. Unfortunately it’s a common trait during the winter months. With a few simple tips and amazing products here is how you can maintain your glow all year-round.
Why does the winter weather make your skin dull? In winter, low temperatures, low humidity and strong, harsh winds deplete skin of its natural lipid layer, which keeps the skin from drying out. The dry air from furnaces and other heating sources also suck the moisture out of skin. To keep skin soft and supple, your goal is not to add moisture to skin, but to keep moisture in.
1. Exfoliate everywhere (seriously everything)! Your skin cells are turning over constantly. Exfoliating gets rid of your dead skin and reveals the new. It also gives you a smooth canvas to apply your makeup. Exfoliate your face 2-3 times a week. (Try St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub $3.99) Insert photo Don’t forget your body! Great skin doesn’t stop at your neck. (Try Neutrogena Energizing Sugar Body Scrub $9.99)
2. Moisturizer is your friend. Using 2 different moisturizers is a plus. One that’s rich and creamy to wear at night to combat lines and wrinkles and a lighter formula to apply during the day. It protects your skin from harsh weather and helps with slowing down the aging process. (Try Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief $34.00)
3. Cracked lips don’t get kissed! We lick our lips thinking that we’re giving them moisture, but really our saliva contains an enzyme that strips and makes them dryer. Keep a lip balm on you at ALL times. It also serves as a good primer for your lipstick. Remember nothing looks good over dry crackly lips. (Try Kiehls Lip Balm $7.50)
4. Take a steamy shower…
Take advantage of the steam from your shower and/or bath, let it hydrate your skin. As soon as you get out of the shower, pat dry, then immediately use a rich body cream. (Try H2O Plus Body Milk Lotion $19.50)
5. Do the layering method.
Using just lotion in the winter won’t do. After you apply that use a light oil on your skin. It serves as a sealant and locks the moisture into your skin. Too heavy for you? Do this step only at night. (Try Bio-Oil $11.99)
*Beauty Note* Does drinking lots of water really help your skin? Surprisingly, doctors say no! Drinking tons of water won’t give you luminous skin. However, people who drink lots of water tend to have better health habits and that improves skin function.
1. Skip heavy lipstick, you want something light & kissable. Preferably a gloss that taste good. Try: Philosophy lip shine in Vanilla Birthday Cake.
2.Loose the hair spray for the night. Nothing is more un-sexy than hard mane. Touchable, soft hair is always a “do”. Try: Pantene AirSpray for body and bounce without the crunch.
3. For a quick J-Lo glow add a few drops of liquid luminizer to your moisturizer. Try: Stila’s All Over Shimmer liquid.
4.Nothing says red-hot like bronzed skin. Use along the perimeter of your face & jaw bone for a more realistic application. Also pick a brand that doesn’t have too much shimmer. Try: Too faced Soul Mate Bronzer (named after cute couples like Carrie & Big).
5. Seduction begins with a good mascara! Give your eyes a bambi-like fringe using lash fibers. It coats & builds on the ends of your natural lashes, giving the appearance of falsies. Try: Loreal’s False Fiber Lash Mascara.
Photo: Joseph Bradley Hair/Makeup: Jami Svay Styling: Whitley Hamlin
2016 is all about exploring new places & trying fresh things. Being a traveling jet-setter is now easy with these expert beauty tips.
Most products now come in a travel size or create your own personal beauty to-go bag with everything you use on a daily from face wash to eye cream. Try: Bobbi Brown Refillable Travel Bottles (only $10).
The “wet” look was all over the runway this season. Spray your damp hair with a leave-in conditioner to avoid split ends later, pull into a low messy bun and pin for a model off-duty look. You can undo later and reveal sexy beach waves. Try: It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in.
Airplanes tend to dry out your skin because of the recycled air. Restore it’s moisture with a good skin & hand cream. Try: Weleda Skin food.
Don’t waste time while you’re on vacation putting on a full face of makeup. Mascara, gloss, and go! Try: Dior Show Black Out Waterproof Mascara and Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Coral Crush. (Invest in a good pair of sunglasses).
In Case You Forgot…
Shaving cream… Use conditioner to soften your skin. It will help your razor glide better.
Body Scrub… Grab a few packets of sugar from your hotel or while you’re at dinner. Mix with your shower gel or shampoo.
Celebrity nail stylist Jenna Hipp has brought “green” to the nail biz by creating a collection of eco-friendly polish. They contain no formaldehyde resin, toluene, and other stuff we can’t pronounce! Yet still remaining long-lasting and chip resistant. Celebs such as Jessica Alba and Emma Stone seek out her lush manicures. Using fun color names like “I Surf With Boys” and “Say Yellow To My Little Friend”. Jenna is based in L.A. but for more Hipp tips visit http://www.beautysmostwanted.com.
Share or like this article for your chance to win a FREE 8 Mini Nail Polish Collection!
The “J-Lo” glow is a phrase we all know to well! How do we get this glow? Here’s a few of my makeup pro tips and favorite must-haves to achieve just that (some products as low as $10)! 1. Try … Continue reading →
Back in the day when you were pregnant maternity clothes resembled your grandmother’s curtains. Now the baby bump is a fashion accessory! Wearing a skin-tight Gucci dress like Olivia Wilde is hottest thing I’ve seen so far this year! But she’s not the only celeb to throw traditional “mommy to be” rules out the window. Kerry Washington dares to bear her bump rocking a crop top. So if you’re planning to extend your family tree do it in style!
If you haven’t tried these guys already then get to shopping! 1. Smooth, healthy skin… YES PLEASE! Try South of France soap (Almond Gourmande is my favorite). You’ll smell like a delectable treat. http://www.southoffrancebodycare.com 2. Who doesn’t want sexy voluminous … Continue reading →