Ground breaking, classic-chic just a few words to describe the unique retail experience that is Capitol. Named by designer Isaac Mizrahi as the finest boutique in America. Capitol has received international recognition, carrying lines from Lanvin to Marc Jacobs.
I caught up with the owner Laura Vinroot Poole to get the scoop on her personal beauty favs. Laura has been featured in the New York Times and Town & Country magazine. She definitely has the blue print for style.
Photo credit: Brie Williams
1. What beauty product can you not live without? I’m pretty simple and quite loyal – Cetaphil has been my staple since Junior High.
2. Recent beauty splurge? Clea de Peau black cream eyeliner
3. How would you describe your makeup style? Always clean with a focus on natural, dewy skin
4. What beauty tip would you pass on to your daughter? I am a freak about taking care of my skin, so hopefully that will rub off on her.
5. What products are in your handbag right now? By Terry Rose de Rose lip gloss, Davines Anti-Aging Hand Cream, Lancome L’Absolu Rouge lipstick in “Chris&Tell”
6. Travel must have? Sisley lip balm is a small fortune, but the best for long airplane flights.
7. Your favorite celebrity look? I’m not that into celebrities…more interested in real people in the context of their regular lives. I have friends that are spectacular on a regular old Tuesday in a tee shirt and jeans with no makeup. That’s more interesting to me any day.